Online Grocery List for Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 head of broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces with the stalk and florets separated
- ¼ cup cream or half and half
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
Directions for Making Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Heat the broth in a stock pot .
- Add the peeled and cut broccoli stalk pieces and cook for about 2 minutes or until the stalks just begin to feel soft.
- Add to broccoli florets (which cook faster) and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes. All the broccoli should be quite soft at this point.
- Use a stick blender to puree the broccoli right in the pot.
- Add the cream and cheese and cook over low until the cheese is melted. Stir pretty often so that the cheese does not clump or stick on the bottom of the pot.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a crock pot and keep the soup warm to be eaten as desired.