Rice Krispie Treat Bars with Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
How to Make Delicious Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treat Candy
Before starting to make your Rice Krispie Treats , you’ll want to do the following.
1. Measure out the ingredients, because this recipe goes together fast once you start.
3. Have a sheet of wax paper out. Rub one side of the waxed paper with a little butter. This will be used to press down the no-bake dessert bars at the end.
Ready to make Rice Krispie Bars
1. Melt butter over low heat in a pot on the stove burner.
2. Once the butter is melted, pour the marshmallows in the pot and stir to coat them with the butter. Continue to stir as the marshmallows melt.
3. Stir in the peanut butter.
4. Remove mixture from heat and immediately stir in the cereal.
5. Pour the hot mixture into the casserole dish.
6. Gently press the treats into the casserole dish with the sheet of wax paper. This step is where a lot of people impact on the flavor by mashing too hard. These bar candies taste better when they are not packed tight, so use a light touch when spreading out the mixture and shaping the bars to the pan.
7. Cut and serve once the treats have cooled and set (which does not take very long).